KNOW INDIA PROGRAMME (KIP)
- About the Programme:
KIP is an engagement programme for Diaspora youth (between the age of 18-30 years) of Indian origin to introduce them to India and promote awareness about different facets of Indian life, our cultural heritage, art and various aspects of contemporary India. This programme is open to youth of Indian origin (excluding non-resident Indians) with preference to those from Girmitiya countries (Mauritius, Fiji, Suriname, Guyana, T&T, Jamaica etc.). The programme has been in existence since 2003.
- Main elements of KIP
- a) Understanding of India’s political system, economy, society, and developments in various sectors etc.
- b) Visit to places of historical, cultural, religious importance.
- c) Familiarisationwith art, music and culture of India.
- d) Visit to industrial sites.
- e) Visit to a village.
- f) Interaction with non-profit organizations.
- g) Meetings with senior leadership/officials in India.
- h) Visit to a select state in India for 10 days.
- (a) The Ministry of External Affairs will take care of participants only for the duration of the program. If participants wish to arrive in India early or stay extra, they will have to make their own arrangements.
- (b) The participants are provided local hospitality e.g. boarding/lodging in budget hotels and Internal transportation in India.
- (c) Indian Missions/ Aboard Posts will arrange for return air tickets before participants leave for India, after getting 10% of total air fare from them.
- (d) Gratis visa shall be granted to selected participants by the Indian Missions/Posts abroad.
- Eligibility Criteria:
Non Resident Indians are not eligible for KIPs.
The programme is open to youth of Indian origin (excluding non-resident Indians) in the age group of 18-30 years, as on the first day of the month in which the programme is expected to begin. It is open to PIO youth from all over the world. Applicant must provide his/her previous PIO card number or that of his parents, grandparents or great grandparents. In the absence of any documentary proof of Indian Origin, the applicant must submit a written undertaking about his Indian Origin which must be attested by DCM/DCG or HOM/HOP of the Mission/Consulate.
The applicant should not have participated in any previous KIP or Internship Programme for Diaspora Youth (IPDY) Study India Programme of MEA or any other programme organized and paid for by the Ministry of External Affairs and any other Ministry/Department in Government of India or a State Government in India.
Those who have not visited India before will be given preference.
Minimum qualification required for participating in KIP is graduation from a recognized University /Institute or enrolled for graduation.
The applicants should be able to speak in English, should have studied English as a subject at the High School level or have English as the medium of instruction for undergraduate course.
- a) 25 days (excluding international travel) with 10 days in the partner State. The 25 day period includes the date of arrival and departure.
- (i) The total number of participants in a KIP will not exceed 40. If there are less than 20 applicants, KIP will not be conducted and applicants can opt to join for the next KIP, if they wish to.
- (ii) Effort will be made for balanced participation of male and female PIOs in each KIP.
SECOND SECRETARY (PIC)
Embassy of India, Jakarta
Mobile No. +62 816805459