How do you exercise your mind and spirit?
Saying daily affirmations is one of the most effective ways to exercise your mind. It may seem pointless or repetitive at first, but it’s a great way to help build your self-esteem and confidence for the day.
Affirmations are positive sentences that you repeat to yourself. When you first saying these phrases, they might not be true. Often, these affirmations are designed to reflect what you want to be true. Over time, the consistent repetition of daily positive affirmations helps to shape your beliefs and assumptions about yourself and the world around you.
Research on affirmations shows that when you’re stressed, you can boost your problem solving-skills by using self-affirmation. So, affirmations can help you perform better under pressure. Affirmations also make you more aware of your thought processes—greater awareness makes you more likely to challenge negative thoughts as they arise.
What affirmations should I say?
When saying affirmations, keep the first two words in the present tense—“I AM”. Your subconscious mind registers the implication as it is happening NOW.
Here are some daily affirmations you can chant everyday:
- I AM getting better and better and better every day, in every way.
- I AM healthy, safe and secure at all times.
- I AM beautiful/handsome and I AM perfect in every way.
- I AM very intelligent and have the ability to learn or do whatever I desire.
- I AM accepting full responsibility for my own healing process on all levels to improve my daily well-being and my quality of life.
- I AM protected and free from other people’s lower vibrating energies.
- I AM always protected from negative cords or hooks attaching to my body.
- I AM acknowledging and releasing all toxins, lower vibrating energies and blockages from my body. These flow freely through my foot chakras to the centre of the earth to be transformed into higher, finer vibrating energy that will be re-used by the universe at the appropriate time.
- I AM the master of my own destiny.
- I AM empowered with self-esteem, self-confidence and self-love.
- I AM creating a fulfilling life.
You can also make your own daily affirmation based on what you are looking to achieve or believe. The most important thing is to chant them everyday until they are deeply embedded in your mind and soul.
How to make affirmations more effective and powerful
Sometimes, when an ugly belief is deeply rooted in our unconscious mind then it has the ability to override a positive affirmation even if we aren’t aware of it. This is why for some people affirmations don’t seem to work, because their strong afflicted thought patterns knock out the effect of positive statement. But, it does not mean that we cannot put strength to our affirmations to triumph over our negative thoughts. Here are a few tips to make your affirmations more effective and powerful:
Don’t hold grudge to people who hurt you in the past. Forgive yourself for the mistakes that you’ve ever done to you. Remember that we are all human and we all have flaws. Learning to let go is a daunting task to undertake, but the benefits are far-reaching. The release sets you free to follow your desired and focused passionate pursuits. No longer will you feel that you are expected to live by imposed standards or to become something that you are not.
Simplify your life
In our present fast-paced, trend setting, goal-oriented and status-seeking society, how many feel truly joyful and content with their living standard? If you are unable to relate to this, then perhaps it is time to simplify your life by learning to let go.
It is necessary to truthfully and microscopically evaluate yourself, layer by layer, until you reach the basics of the real authentic ‘you’.
Hard work and discipline
All of this requires hard work, perseverance, as well as constant discipline dedication. Strong resistance to letting go or to making changes is often produced from fear. And fear is created from your ego. Ego dislikes change, preferring to remain in an alleged safe and comfortable state. It will take strength, plus courage to overcome the obstacles that ego imposes. But, in doing so, you gain priceless personal freedom.