The anniversary of Jakarta is always celebrated with many events and fairs for the people of Jakarta. Aside from the annual Jakarta Fair, the Festival Jakarta Great Sale (FJGS) is another awaited event this month.
The FJGS officially kicked off on Friday, June 2nd 2017. The program is slated for six weeks until July 12th.
Entitled as “A Great Shopping Tradition”, the FJGS will pamper all shoppers to enjoy up to 70% discounts at 81 malls and trade centers, 40 traditional markets, and 12 four-star and five-star hotels.
It is safe to say that this month is a great moment for travelers and shoppers from around the world to visit Jakarta. They can stay at luxurious and comfortable hotels such as Pullman, Aryaduta, Hotel Indonesia Kempinski, Menara Peninsula, and Manhattan, while making a list of the next shopping stops.
One of the most favorite activities during the FJGS is the midnight sale, which will be conducted alternately. There are a whopping 27 shopping malls that are slated to host the midnight sale event. Here is the complete schedule:
- Grand Indonesia Shopping Town – June 16-17
- Plaza Atrium – June 17
- Senayan City – June 16-18
- Plaza Indonesia – June 16-17
- Gandaria City – June 10
- Pejaten Village – June 10 and 17
- Lippo Mall Kemang – June 10
- Transmart Cilandak – June 10-11 and June 23-24
- Kalibata City Square – June 10
- Plaza Semanggi – June 16-17
- Plaza Blok M – June 17
- Lotte Shopping Avenue – June 17-18
- Central Park Neo Soho – June 10-11
- Mall Taman Anggrek – June 17
- Mall Taman Palem – June 17
- Lippo Mall Puri – June 10
- Lippo Plaza Kramat Jati – June 10 and 17
- Cibubur Junction – June 16-17
- Arion Mall – June 17
- Lippo Plaza Kramat Jati – June 17
- Mall @Bassura – June 17
- Baywalk Mall – June 10
- Mall of Indonesia – June 10
- Mall Kelapa Gading – June 10
- PIK Avenue – June 10 and 17
- Emporium Pluit Mall – June 17-18
- Mall Artha Gading – June 17
The FJGS this year also coincides with Ramadan and school holidays, so don’t be surprised if the crowd will be bigger than usual.
Other than the midnight sale experience, shoppers can expect to win prizes amounting to a total of Rp400 million during the great sale period, consisting of Rp260 million worth of shopping vouchers, six motorcycles and 10 television units.