Arti Gidwani shares her signature chocolate cake which is famous.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk ( use 1 tbs vinegar plus 1 cup milk to make sour milk)
- 1 cup black coffee( 2 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 1 cup hot water)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Chocolate or mocha frosting
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla;
- beat at medium speed with an electric beater for 2 minutes ( batter will be thin).
- Pour into a greased cake pan and bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool, remove from pan and frost.