The festival season is always followed by a hangover of mithai. Ladoos, barfis and more crammed into precious refrigerator space. Too yummy to throw and too rich in calories to eat.
Here is a delicious way to upcycle festive mithai at your next social dinner.
Motichoor Rabdi Parfait
– 6 motichoor laddoos
= 1 lt full cream milk
– 1 tsp cardamom powder
– 2 tbsp sugar
– Almond & pista silvers for garnishing
1. Heat full cream milk in a heavy bottom pan
2. when milk comes to a rolling boil, simmer and let it cook on low heat till it is reduced to half
3. Add cardamom powder and sugar and cook again till has reduced to almost 1/4th of the original quantity. This is the rabdi.
4. Remove the rabdi from heat and let it cool completely
5. Create layers by alternating crushed laddoo and rabdi.
6. Garnish with almond and picta silvers
7. Chill in refrigerator for 6-8 hours before serving
Additional ideas: If you have leftover gulab jamuns, chop them into small pieces and add them to your cake batter. You can also layer up barfis, rasgullas, and gulab jamuns to make a parfait. Place mithai at the bottom of a glass and layer it with custard, and later ice cream. You can do the same with barfis and pedas. Mash them and add hung curd or whipped cream and chopped fresh fruits.
How do you use your festive mithai? Do share your ideas in the comments below…