As a parent, when our children get sick, one of the first things we want to do is to run to the doctor, some people start dosing their children with everything in the medicine cabinet, needless to say ether of the two alternatives y the correct one. Even physicians agree lately that prescribing antibiotics and other drugs is not recommended for children, however doctors sometime feel pressure by the parents to prescribe something even though he knows that the condition will disappear en a few day without drug intervention.
In most children a middle ear infection clears up on its own with in a few months, yet 90% of doctors will prescribe an antibiotic for this condition just to make the parent feel that the visit was time and money well spend.
Most ailments that affect children can be treated with over the counter medicine but many professionals are questioning the long-term effects of giving synthetic drugs to a child since a very early age. Besides if the condition is treatable with over the counter drugs, with no doubt herbs can do a better job and by using herbs you get peace of mind knowing that the problem is being taking care of, and that you are boosting his or her immune system without harming your child with side effects. In my case I feel very proud of myself every time my son gets better thanks to some herb preparation I made for him, and it makes me happy to know that I choose to keep my child chemical free as much as I can.
Indian home remedies work very well and some can be found here
Other remedies for indigestion here
On the first sign of a cold:
- Take Vitamin C and Zinc lozenges this can help stop the cold from going through the entire process.
- Put eucalyptus oil in 2 cups of boiling water and breath in the steam, this helps with congestion.
- Gargle: A mix of water and pure tea tree oil this helps sore throats.
- Do not use handkerchiefs, use paper tissues and flush them after use, the cold virus lives for several hours, thus increasing the risk of re infecting yourself.
- Wash your hands frequently, this reduces the chances of re infecting yourself and others.