- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut up
- Ice water
- In medium bowl, mix flour and salt. With pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle ice water, a tablespoon at a time; mix gently with a fork after each addition, until dough is moist enough to hold together.
Shape dough into a ball. Dough will be easier to use if refrigerated for 30 minutes before rolling.
- On lightly-floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll dough to an even thickness and beyond the edges of an inverted pie plate.
- To move pastry, drape gently over rolling pin and ease into pie plate. Trim edge, leaving 1-inch overhang. Fold under overhang and crimp edge of pastry.
Yield: One Pastry