Time required: 35 minutes plus
Ingredients for Barfi Dhokla:
- 1/4 kg.parimal rice
- 100 g.urad dal
- 3 green chillies, ground to a paste
- 1 g. peppercorns, powdered
- 1/2 tsp. (2 g.) Eno’s fruit salt
- 1 cup (240 ml.) water
- 1/4 kg. curd
- salt to taste
- GRIND the parimal rice and urad dal in a grinder or flour mill to a fine powder.
- Add curd, green chilli paste and pepper powder to the flour. Mix well.
- Add one cup water, mix and keep aside for fermenting for 12 hours.
- Add Eno’s fruit salt to the dough, stir well and pour into a greased tray.
- Steam it for 25 minutes.
Serve hot with green chutney!
Nutritive value of each serving: Calories: 341.2 k cal.