Candles make your room decor special! They set a special mood that says home and comfort. Candles set a mood in your room that cannot be duplicated with any other medium.
Shimmering candle light can say romance, it can say formality, or it can say comfort. To bring intimate warmth to the decor of every room in your home, add candles. The subtle gentle light, pleasing aromas, and vast selection of colors and shapes enhance every decorating theme.
In the living or dining area, tall tapers achieve formality. However, using a different shape can equally say homey and cozy. Whether your decorating style is traditional and formal or country and casual, your look can be enhanced with candles. Try a grouping of candles reflected in a mirror or other shiny surface for a really impressive look.
Candles transform the ordinary bath into a relaxing spa. It becomes a place to get away from your hectic day into a stress-fee place of relaxation. Add scented candles for an aromatherapy experience. Surround your tub with lighted candles, sit back and unwind from your day. It will be so relaxing it will be hard to leave.
In the bedroom, candles create a cozy intimate place at the end of the day, or to spend the evening together as a couple. Scented candles add another dimension.
You’ve lit candles for birthdays, romantic dinners, special evenings, at church – and on many more occasions. But its healing powers often go unnoticed. Many today believe that candles boost the effects of more traditional medicine.
The color of the candle used is important as each color has different healing properties. For example, red is thought to restore energy. It’s linked to reproduction and fertility and may help in relieving impotence. Yellow stimulates the nervous system, improving memory and helping to reduce anxiety and stress-related ailments.
Candles are often used in aromatherapy too, where essential oils change the way we feel, by calming us down or relieving stress, for example. But not all scented candles contain essential oils.
Doing yoga in candle light helps to harmonies mind, body and soul. Play some soothing music and it’s a complete experience!
YOUR MOOD GUIDE TO SCENTED CANDLES
- Welcoming: Warm fragrances such as coffee, nuts, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange, apple, berries, patchouli and clove
- Relaxing: Light florals or fruits such as chamomile, jasmine and peach.
- Invigorating: Sea and mountain scents such as basil, bay, cedarwood, grapefruit, lemon, peppermint, pine and rosemary.
- Aphrodisiac: Musky oriental aromas, ylang ylang, narcissus, rose, orchid, rich woods and spices such as cardamom, coriander and ginger.
- Balancing: Woodland, forest, grassy and hay scents such as moss, bergamot, geranium, lavender and neroli.