Carrot – Pineapple Cake is a recipe shared generously from Meera Joseph’s Kitchen.
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1-1⁄2 cups corn oil
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups walnuts/cashew nuts, chopped
1-1/2 cups fresh shredded coconut
1-1/3 cups cooked carrots, puréed
3/4 cup drained crushed tinned pineapple
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease two 9-inch spring form pans.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the cake mixer bowl.
- Add the oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat well
- Fold in the walnuts, coconut, carrots, and pineapple.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
- Set on the center rack of the oven and bake until the edges have pulled away from the sides and a cake tester/toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean,
- Bake for about 45 – 50 minutes.
- Cool on a cake rack
Cream cheese frosting
3 cups 115 grams cream cheese
3 tablespoons butter
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
- Beat all of the above until white
- Sandwich & frost the cake with the cream cheese frosting
shared by Meera Joseph
Do try your hand at this delectable cake and share your feedback in the comments below.