CHICKEN AND PAPAYA SALAD
- 1 breast of a roast chicken
- 1/2 small papaya, skinned and seeded
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp plum sauce
- 1 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Shred the chicken and leave aside.
- For a healthier touch, you may wish to skin the chicken. Cut the papaya into bite-size prices. Blanch the pieces till they’re cooked.
- To make the dressing, combine olive oil with the soy sauce, plum sauce and coriander leaves, parsley, lime juice and pepper. Stir vigorously with a whisk until the ingredients are well blended.
- Line a salad bowl with shredded lettuce. Top with chicken, papaya and cucumber. Dribble with the dressing and toss.