- 1cup. Moong dal
- 1cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 cups Water
- 8 nos. Almonds
- 4 nos. Cardamoms
- 1/2 tsp. Saffron
- 3/4 cup Mawa/khoya
- 1 cup Ghee
- Wash and soak the dal overnight.Grind coarsely, using very little water.
- Prepare a one string sugar syrup with sugar and water.
- Soak saffron in hot milk. Crumble mawa into fine granules.
- Blanch almonds, Cool and peel them and cut finely.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai and add ground dal and fry till golden brown on a low heat and keep stirring
- Add the sugar syrup and saffron milk. Mix well and cook till halwa is of dropping consistency.
- Add mawa and cook till it dissolves.
- Serve hot, garnished with crushed cardamoms and and sliced almonds.