Easter Chocolates and Marshmallow Treats to make at home for Easter this year while in a pandemic lockdown. An occasion for a family activity and a family treat.
Rice Crispies : 1 cup
Marshmallows : 12-14 Marshmallows (big white )
Compound Chocolate : 100 grams each , different colours
Coconut powder : 1 Tbsp.
Butter : 1/2 Tbsp.
Green food colour : 1 drop.
Non stick spray/oil /butter for greasing .
Moulds : Ice tray and Kinder joy chocolate shells, cup cake tins /liners/bowl.
- Heat the butter in a microwave bowl .
- Add the marshmallows. Heat in burst of 20 secs
- When the Marshmallows are just melted, stir and add in the rice crisps. Work quickly as shown in the video.
- Coat the cold with non stick spray/oil . Quickly put in the mix to take the shape of the Mould to make nest. Keep in the refrigerator. Once the nest are formed transfer to an airtight container .
- Cut chocolate into pieces , and microwave in short burst of 20 secs, stirring in between.
- Grease the ice cube trays and the kinder joy shells . Proceed for chocolate eggs as per the directions in the video.
- Refrigerate minimum 30 mins or more .
- Once the chocolate has set unmould the chocolates eggs. Stick the 2 halves of the eggs with little melted chocolate .
- Take the nest , add some coconut powder with little green colour to resemble grass.
- Line the marshmallow crispie nest with the coconut powder .
- Arrange as shown in the video.
Happy Egg Hunting at Home . Happy Easter .
PS: Unable to get the moulds or coloured chocolates, please message below
Recipe by Kavita Kapoor
IG : Lovdbitez by kavita Kapoor.
Do share your comments below…