The culinary industry is dynamic, with an interesting variety food and drinks. Whether you like it salty or sweet, you can choose any to your heart’s content. A particularly trending drink that Jakartans have been obsessed with is ‘Es Kopi Susu‘ or Iced Coffee Milk. The blend of coffee, milk and brown sugar makes a moderately sweet coffee drink that suits many coffee drinkers.
Here is how to make this coffee milk drink concentrate:
- 170 gram or about 17 tsp coffee powder
- 300 ml boiled water
- 600 ml UHT milk
- 150 gr palm sugar or depending on preferences
- 100 ml water
- 1 Tbsp chocolate chips
- Some ice cubes
- Mix coffee with boiled water and leave it. Don’t mix the solution.
- Meanwhile, heat milk until only half is available, which is about 300 ml.
- Boil the sugar with water, leave it then filter after it turns cold.
How to serve it :
- In the glass that you are serving your drink, pour the right amount of sugar in each glass.
- Put in the the ice cubes, then pour in the milk.
- Finally, pour in the coffee as the final layer of the drink.
- Add chocolate chips as the finishing touch to the drink.
Note: This recipe is meant for 10 drinks.