Vasanthi Ram shared her Rice Fenugreek Porridge, an especially healthy porridge to eat. Brimming with probiotic nutrients and vitamin B for a healthy gut and overall immunity, this dish was previously meant to be eaten by nursing mothers. However it can also be enjoyed by other members of the household like children.
- 1/2 tsp raw parboiled rice( idly rice)
- 1/ 4 tsp fenugreek seeds.
- Salt to taste.
- Fresh coconut milk 1/2 cup.
- Wash well & Soak the idly rice & fenugreek seeds in clean water. The water should stand above the rice. Cover & let it soak for 8hrs.
- Grind this to a coarse paste.
- In a wok add this ground paste & keep stirring add little water if required.
- Cook this mixture till rice is soft and add salt. Switch off the flame.
- Now stir in 1/ 2 cup coconut milk to porridge consistency.
(Can add roasted flax seeds crushed green chillies with chopped curry leaves cooked garlic all optional)