Have you ever tasted this wonderfully fragrant and tasty Indonesia salad of veggies in peanut sauce dressing?
(Makes 4 servings, with other dishes)
- 1 fresh red or green semihot chili, cut into thin slices
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 small slices kencur, soaked in water for thirty minutes (optional)
- 3 tbsp ground roasted peanuts / peanut butter
- 1 tsp tamarind, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup thin-sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup lettuce, broken into bite-size pieces
- Crush the chili, garlic, salt, kencur and peanut butter in a mortar so itll become the sauce of the dish.
- Add the tamarind liquid and sugar. Mix well. Toss the sauce with the vegetables until well mixed.
Serve chilled or at room temperature!