- 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup processed oat bran or multi-bran cereal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 60g butter
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Slice apples and place into a greased ovenproof dish. Combine sugar and mixed spice and mix into apples
- In a food processor, combine oats, bran cereal, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. Process until mixed to a crumble.
- Add almonds and sunflower seeds and mix well. Sprinkle crumble topping over apples, pressing mixture lightly together.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180 C) for 30 minutes.
Serve hot with thick yogurt or ice cream (Serves 4)!