Tulsi has the ability to strengthen the kidneys for those suffering from the problem of renal kidney stones; the decoction prepared by mixing the juice of Tulsi leaves with honey if taken sincerely for six consecutive months can oust these stones via the urinary tract. To maintain a healthy heart, Tulsi is of utmost value. It helps in lowering the level of cholesterol in blood. Thus Tulsi Plant serves as the most effective remedy to combat cardiac diseases.
1) The leaves are a nerve tonic and also sharpen memory.
2) basil leaves are regarded as an ‘adaptogen ‘ or anti stress agent. Recent Studies have shown that the leaves afford significant protection against Stress .Even healthy persons chew 12 leaves of basi, twice a day, to prevent Stress .it purifies blood and helps prevent several common elements .
3) The leaves are quite effective for the ulcers and infections in the mouth. A few leaves chewed will cure these conditions.
4) The herb is a prophylactic or preventive and curative for insect stings of bites. A teaspoonful of the juice of the leaves is taken and is repeated after a few hours. Fresh juice must also be applied to the affected parts.
5) The herb is useful in teeth disorders .its leaves, dried in the sun and powdered, can be used for brushing teeth. This is very good for maintaining dental health, counteracting bad breath and for massaging the gums. It is also useful in pyorrhea and other teeth disorders.
6)Preliminary evidence suggests that Tulsi can help to treat some forms of Cancer, including breast cancer .if 20 basil leaves with water every day are regularly consumed it can cure cancer, if it is in initial stages.
by Abha Dave