According to Wikipedia, Nankhatai are shortbread biscuits popular in India and Pakistan. The word Nankhatai is derived from Persian word Naan meaning bread and “Khatai” from an Afghan word meaning Biscuit.
These biscuits are eggless too. Try out our recipe today.
- 150 gms Maida
- 120 gms Butter
- 85 gms Powdered sugar
- 50 gms Fine sooji
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- A few Almonds / cashewnuts
- Cream the butter till it looks like fluffy and light.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla, then add the maida and sooji. Make a smooth dough
- Form into small rounds and cut across in the center.
- Place a piece of cashewnut on the top.
- Bake on a greased pan at 150 C for about 25-30 minutes