Shakkarpare is a Punjabi snack, hailed from North India. This snack consists of diamond-shaped fried flour cookies covered with crystallized sugar. Usually, this delicious snack is eaten during weddings. Even if there are no weddings, you can make it at home for your family with this recipe. Try it out!
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 11/2 cup maida (plain flour)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. Saunf
- 1/3 cup ghee
- Ghee to deep fry
- Little Bit of Water for kneading the dough
- Mix the above ingredients with a little water and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide dough into equal parts and roll out into thick chappatis.
- Cut with a cookie cutter or knife into small diamond shapes. Lift with spatula and keep aside on a dry cloth for 1 hour.
- Deep fry in hot ghee over slow flame till light golden brown.
- Drain well and keep aside till cool. Store in clean, dry containers.