Its the second last day Indoindians #7DaysYogaChallenge Day 6 Downward Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana) with Rutu Trivedi Panjwani.
Join our challenge on our fb page
- Exhale when going down
- Normal breathing during hold
- Inhale and come back
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression
- Energizes the body
- Stretches the shoulders, hamstrings, calves, arches, and hands
- Strengthens the arms and legs
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- Relieves menstrual discomfort when done with head supported
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
- Improves digestion
- Relieves headache, insomnia, back pain, and fatigue
- Therapeutic for high blood pressure, asthma, flat feet, sciatica, sinusitis
Contradictions and Cautions:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Pregnancy: Do not do this pose late-term.
- High blood pressure or headache: Support your head on a bolster or block, ears level between the arms.