Day 2 #IndoindiansYogaChallenge:
VIRABHADRASANA II – Warrior 2
Going into the asana: _
– Walk / Jump your feet to a wide stance, approximately 4-4.5 ft apart, raise both arms to the side in line with your shoulders, palms facing down.
– Turn the right foot out, using the heel to rotate the leg out 90 degrees. Turn the left foot slightly to the right, keeping the left leg straight and pressing down.
– Exhale, bend the right knee to make a 90 degree angle between the right thigh and shin. The right thigh should be parallel to the ground.
– Keeping arms extended out to both sides, gently turn the head to look over the right arm.
_Effects of the asana: _
– Builds strength in the leg muscles, removes cramps in the calf and thigh muscles.
– Brings strength to the back muscles.
– Helps in toning the abdominal organs.
Tips & Requirements:
- Wear comfortable lose clothes during the asanas.
- Use a yoga mat or a carpet to perform your asanas. Don’t directly practice on the floor.
- Practice on an empty stomach empty or at least 2-3 hours of gap between meals.
Follow the directions of the asana/pose till you can do it perfectly. Post your photo/video or go FB live in the asana challenge of the day and remember to tag @INDOINDIANS on Instagram & FB with hashtag #IndoindiansYogaChallenge
You can also tag your friends and nominate them to participate in the challenge with you.
Lets Get Set Go….Pose…Click
Join in the learning and practice of the Yoga practice leading towards the International Day of Yoga on June 21. We at Indoindians challenge you all to join the #IndoindiansYogaChallenge
If you have any questions or comments, do post below or on the Indoindians FB wall.