Day 5 #IndoindiansYogaChallenge: URDHVA MUKHA SVANASANA- Upward facing Dog pose
URDHVA MUKHA SVANASANA- Upward facing Dog pose
Going into the asana:
– Lie full length on the floor on your stomach, face downwards.
– Place your feet one foot apart, toes pointing straight back and palms by the side of the Waist (fingers pointing in the direction of the head).
– Inhale, raise the head and the trunk, pushing the head back as far as possible. Stretch and straighten the arms completely.
– Keep the legs straight, lifting the knees and thighs off the floor.
Effects of the asana:
– Rejuvenates the spine and strengthens the spine.
– Good for people suffering from backaches, stiffness in the back.
– Helps in expansion of the chest and lungs.
Tips & Requirements:
- Wear comfortable lose clothes during the asanas.
- Use a yoga mat or a carpet to perform your asanas. Don’t directly practice on the floor.
- Practice on an empty stomach empty or at least 2-3 hours of gap between meals.
Follow the directions of the asana/pose till you can do it perfectly. Post your photo/video or go FB live in the asana challenge of the day and remember to tag @INDOINDIANS on Instagram & FB with hashtag #IndoindiansYogaChallenge
You can also tag your friends and nominate them to participate in the challenge with you.
Lets Get Set Go….Pose…Click
Join in the learning and practice of the Yoga practice leading towards the International Day of Yoga on June 21. We at Indoindians challenge you all to join the #IndoindiansYogaChallenge
If you have any questions or comments, do post below or on the Indoindians FB wall.