- 2 cups maida (refined flour)
- 1/2 tsp. Baking powder Ghee for frying
- 2 cups Sugar
- A pinch of saffron
- 1 tsp. cardamom powder
- Mix maida with baking powder,cardamom powder and water to made a batter of the consistency of thick cream.
- Put it aside in a warm place to ferment for 24 hrs.
- Dissolve 2 cups of sugar in 2 cups of water and boil till it becomes a syrup of one thread consistency.
- Add saffron soaked in warm water.
- Now heat ghee in a deep frying pan.
- Fill up with batter in an ordinary plastic funnel or a coconut shell or a muslin cloth and pierce it from the bottom.
- Now allow the batter to fall into continuos double circles.
- Allow the jalebis to set and then turn over once.
- When fried well, remove out of the pan and slip into the syrup, apply slight pressure so as to make them absorb the syrup.
- After 5 mins, take it out of the syrup, drain and serve hot.