Time required : 15 minutes
- 2 lb(s) Bhindi/okra
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Amchur
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- 3 tbsp Besan
- Oil for frying
- Ginger, julienned (optional) for garnish
- 2 Green chillies, slit (optional) for garnish
- Snip the bhindis/okra at both ends and slice lengthwise into four slices.
- Place all sliced bhindis in a flat dish and sprinkle salt, chilli powder, garam masala powder, amchur powder and chaat masala over them. Mix well to coat the bhindi slices evenly.
- Sprinkle the gramflour/besan over the bhindi and mix lightly till evenly coated. Divide the bhindi into two portions.
- Heat oil in a kadai till it is very hot and ready to fry. There should be enough oil to shallow fry the bhindis properly.
- Fry one portion of the coated bhindi slices, separating each lightly with a fork.Keep turning frequently until crisp, golden and done. Do not allow slices to stick to each other.
- Remove from oil when both sides are crisp and brown in colour. Drain any excess oil on kitchen towels.Repeat with the second batch.
- Serve hot because the okra becomes leathery when cold. You could garnish this dish with julienned ginger and slit green chillies. And squeeze some lemon juice for added taste.