Kathi Kebabs by Shabana Akbany. Kebab’s made with small lamb/chicken pieces cooked till tender
- 1/2 kg mutton / chicken (cut into very small pieces)
- 1 tsp each ginger / garlic crushed fine
- 1/2 cup spring onion –chopped fine
- 1/2 cup coriander and mint leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
- 2–3 green chilies chopped fine
- 1/4 tsp chat masala
- 3/4-cup maida
- 1/4-cup wheat flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- Pressure-cook the mutton / chicken. 1 whistle and simmer for 10 minutes, with hot water, ginger / garlic, salt and oil.
- Remove and keep aside once it’s done. When it’s cool, add spring onions, coriander leaves, mint leaves and green chilies. Sprinkle chaat masala.
- Knead both the maida and wheat flour together with salt and make thin roti’s and keep aside.
- Make thin omelet’s using 1 tbsp of egg and keep aside. For making the KATHI KEBAB, take 1 roti, place 1 omelet on it and spread the meat filling on top.
- Roll up the roti, wet both side ends of the roti and seal them.
- Using very little oil on a non-stick tawa, cook evenly till crisp and serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
TIP: FOR SPICY EATERS, YOU MAY MAKE YOUR MEAT MASALA WITH MORE SPICE OF YOUR TASTE, ADD THE SAME GREENS AND PREPARE THE SAME WAY.