Jalan Mesjid Agung, Kroya Village
Phone Number: +62 254 200 010
(Dinas Pariwisata Kabupaten Serang)
Keraton Kaibon lies about one kilometer from the Banten Grand Mosque. The name Kaibon, which means mother, was coined from the fact that Sultan Muhammad Raffiudin–the last Banten sultan–built it as a gift to his mother, Queen Asyiah. Erected in the early 19th century, it sits on an immense 15,000 square meters. The premises were broken into at the order of Dutch Governor-General Daendels in 1813–subsequently ending the sultan’s reign–and then damaged by the Dutch in 1832. Today, the ancient walls, foundations, the gateway and main gate bear truth to the once-powerful Banten Sultanate.