Shared by : Aparna Narang
- Cut eggplant into thin slices and soak in salted water for a few minutes.
- Drain, pat dry and then deep fry till golden brown.
- In a pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil, add chopped ginger, rai (black mustard seeds), dried red chillies, crushed fennel seeds and chopped tomatoes. Cook till the tomatoes are soft and cooked.
- Add ginger powder, fennel seeds powder, gud (jaggery), salt and tamarind pulp.
- Add some hot water and fried eggplant to this sauce just before serving.