- One-two-three: water, lemons and sugar.
- 500g (1lb) lemons
- 1½ liters (750ml) HOT water
- 1½ kg sugar
- Wash and dry the lemons, then cut in half lengthways. Cut into thin slices, and then cover with the hot water. Leave to stand 48 hours.
- Next day, take out two cups of liquid and replace with 3 cups of fresh water. Cook rapidly for 1 hour. Add the sugar; bring to the boil, stirring to ensure that the sugar is completely dissolved before the boiling point is reached.
- Boil till setting point is reached, then leave to stand 10 minutes. Pour into sterilized jars and seal.