This hassle-free recipe is perfect to be paired with chips and veggies for dinner, or just for late-night snacks. You can make a big fat batch as this recipe can be stored up to 3 months in the freezer.
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- Kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ½ pounds skinless tilapia fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- Coleslaw and ketchup for serving
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the bread crumbs with olive oil, seafood seasoning, and ½ teaspoon salt. Toast in oven, tossing once, until golden brown (around 5 to 7 minutes). Transfer to a shallow bowl and wipe out the baking sheet. In a second shallow bowl, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon water.
- Dip the fish in the beaten eggs (shake off any excess), then coat with the bread crumbs (pressing gently to help them adhere). Place in a single layer on 2 large parchment-lined large baking sheets.
- Bake the fish sticks until crisp and opaque throughout, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with the coleslaw and ketchup.
- The uncooked fish sticks can be frozen for up to 3 months. First freeze them on the baking sheets until firm, then transfer to freezer bags. To cook, bake from frozen on parchment-lined baking sheets until crisp and opaque throughout around 18 to 20 minutes.