Ingredients for the base:
- 100gm plain flour
- 2tsp cocoa sifted
- 50gm caster sugar
- 50gm butter
- 1 egg
- Knead all the ingredients to form a dough and press into the base of a sping-form tin. Keep chilled.
- 300gm cottage cheese, sieved
- 100gm caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 150ml thickened cream
- 1 level tbsp flour
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp coca, sieved
- Put the cheese, 50gm of the sugar, egg yolks, cream, flour and vanilla together. Beat well.
- Whisk the remaining sugar with the egg whites until stiff and fold into the cheese mixture.
- Divide the mixture into two. To one portion add cocoa and mix till well combined.
- Pour the plain mixture into the prepared cake tin and pour in the cocoa mixture.
- Stir lightly for a marbled effect.
- Bake for 2 hrs in preheated oven of 180 deg C.
- Cool in the oven. Decorate with icing sugar or chocolate.
Must Read: How to make japanese cheesecake