Cheesecake is already delicious on it own without any additions. Chocolate is also the same, as it is favorite ingredient for many. Mixing both and making marble cheesecake means getting the best of both worlds. Try it out for a dinner party or for family dinners!
Ingredients for the base:
- 100gm plain flour
- 2tsp cocoa sifted
- 50gm caster sugar
- 50gm butter
- 1 egg
- Knead all the ingredients to form a dough and press into the base of a sping-form tin. Keep chilled.
- 300gm cottage cheese, sieved
- 100gm caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 150ml thickened cream
- 1 level tbsp flour
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp coca, sieved
- Put the cheese, 50gm of the sugar, egg yolks, cream, flour and vanilla together. Beat well.
- Whisk the remaining sugar with the egg whites until stiff and fold into the cheese mixture.
- Divide the mixture into two. To one portion add cocoa and mix till well combined.
- Pour the plain mixture into the prepared cake tin and pour in the cocoa mixture.
- Stir lightly for a marbled effect.
- Bake for 2 hrs in preheated oven of 180 deg C.
- Cool in the oven. Decorate with icing sugar or chocolate.
Must Read: How to make japanese cheesecake