Ingredients for Okra in Spicy Gravy:
- 1/2 kg tender okra (bhindi)
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Fry in oil and grind to a paste: 1 onion, chopped. 4 cloves garlic, minced. 1/2 cup coconut, grated.
- Make into a paste: 1/2 cup tamarind juice. Salt to taste.
- Grind into a paste: 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste. 3 green chillies, chopped. 3 tbsps coriander leaves.
- Wash and dry the bhindis. Cut off the tips and stalks. Slit each down to 3/4th of it’s length. Mix all three ground pastes and stuff the bhindis with the mixture. Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onion till brown. Add turmeric, garam masala, chilli powder and salt to taste and stir fry. Arrange the stuffed bhindis over this masala. Cover with a deep lid and pour water into the lid. Cook on a low flame till bhindis are tender.
Serve hot with parathas!
Contributed by : Kalpana