Rosemarie John presents yet another of her unique recipes:
This omelet curry as you can guess is made from eggs and potatoes in a wonderfully spicy coconut curry. You have to try this out today.
– 4 eggs – beaten
– 2 medium potatoes – quartered
– 1/4 tsp salt- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
– 1 tsp ghee
– 3 Tbsp oil
– 1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, coarsely ground
– 5 cardamon pods
– 2 bay leaves
– 6 small green chilies (rawit)
– 2 medium onions, diced
– 2 sprigs of curry leaves
– 1 1/2 cups of thin coconut milk
– 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
– 1/4 cup thick coconut milk
Ground Spice Paste:
– 2 tomatoes
– 2 shallots
– 5 dried chillis
– 8 cloves of garlic
– 12 blanched almonds
– 1 tsp turmeric powder
– 3 Tbsp coriander powder
– 2 tsp cumin powder
– 2 Tbsp chili powder
– Water for grinding
1. Beat eggs and season with salt and pepper. Melt the ghee and make two sets of omelets. Cut the omelet into quarters.
2. Heat oil, stir fry fennel seeds and cardamon pods for a bit.
3. Add onions, chillies, curry leaves and bay leaves and stir fry until onions turn golden brown.
4. On low heat, add the ground spice paste and fry until oil separates.
5. Add the thin coconut milk, potatoes and salt. On medium heat, cover and let cook until potatoes are soft.
6. Add the omelettes and let cook for a further 1 minute. Finally, add the thick coconut milk, coriander leaves and mix well. Turn off heat.
Ta Da! Enjoy!
Note: For those who do not consume spicy food, you can reduce the number of chillies used.