Try this soft and chewy cookies recipe whenever you want a quick and hassle-free paleo snack. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, and totally vegan.
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil/butter (in room temperature)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Stir together flax seeds and water. Set aside until the mixture achieves an egg-like consistency.
- Whisk almond flour, baking soda, sea salt, and pumpkin pie spice together in a bowl. In another bowl, beat together maple syrup, pumpkin puree, coconut butter, vanilla, and flax seed mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients; then mix with spatula until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, and mix well.
- Scoop the cookie dough using ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, and form into balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheets and flat the balls gently using your fingers or palm (the cookies won’t spread on their own).
- Bake for about 15 minutes to get the chewy and soft texture. Remove from the heat and let cool on a cooling rack.