- 1 small papaya, skinned and seeded.
- 1 packet tofu.
- 1 stick celery, sliced.
- 1 small onion, peeled, quartered.
- 1 lt chicken stock.
- 1 sprig coriander.
- salt and pepper
- Cut the papaya into bite-size pieces and the tofu into large cubes.
- Strain the chicken stock till the soup is clear. Bring to boil.
- Add the celery and onion. Gently simmer for a while.
- When the onions turn translucent, add the papayas. Simmer until the papayas are soft.
- Do not over cook the papaya. Add the tofu cubes slowly and simmer until they’re heated through. Season according to taste.
- Before serving, add coriander leaves. For a tastier soup, scatter with fried sliced shallots.