- 1 8 or 12 OZ Can of Ricotta Cheese
- 1 medium can of crushed pineapple (1 LB)
- Sugar 1/4 cup (you can adjust the quantity based on how sweet you like it)
- 1 tbsp of ghee
- 1 tsp of yellow food color
- 1 pinch of saffron
- Handful of pistachios sliced for garnish
- Add the ricotta, ghee and crushed pineapple in a pan.
- Once it starts to bubble, add the yellow food color.
- Cover and let it cook on medium till the water evaporates.
- Add the sugar and saffron and saute it for 5-10 minutes and turns into a really deep yellow color and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Plate and garnish with chopped pistachios.