- 8 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Dark brown sugar
- 5 slices Pineapple slices, canned, drained
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375. Melt 1/2 of the butter in a heavy cast iron skillet.
- Add the brown sugar and stir well. Whisk in 2 teaspoons of water. Remove from the heat and add a single layer of pineapple slices. Set aside.
- Melt the rest of the butter. Whisk in the milk, egg, and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder in a separate mixing bowl. Beat the milk mixture into your flour mixture until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour over the pineapple in the skillet. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center is firm.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Invert the pan onto a serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Quick Cake Decoration
A fast and effective way to finish a cake requires only a paper lace-type doily and powdered sugar (or cocoa powder). Simply center the doily on top of the cake and sprinkle on a light, even layer of sugar. Carefully lift the doily off of the cake (straight up) and you should be left with an attractive design.