- 400 gms Pistachios (kernels removed)
- 250 gms Sugar
- Water (for sugar syrup) as required
- 7-8 leaves Edible Silver foil (varakh)
- Blanch the pistachios in boiling water. Drain and remove the peels.
- Make a coarse paste of the blanched and peeled pistachios in a mixer-grinder, without using any water. Remove and keep aside.
- Make a sugar syrup of two-string consistency.
- In a kadai, mix together the pistachio paste and the sugar syrup, and with the help of a wooden spatula, keep on stirring the mixture till it leaves the sides of the kadai and forms a ball. (take care not to burn the mixture).
- Pour the mixture over a flat wooden surface, and evenly cut with a spatula to the desired thickness.
- Spread out the silver foil (varakh), and cut into square shapes with a sharp knife. Remove when cooled.