PRAWN CURRY OF GOA
Prawn and/or Fish curry with white rice are the staple diet of a large sector of Goan society and is usually eaten during lunch. The meal is often accompanied with fried fish or shrimp and green vegetables.
- 1 cup Prawns, cleaned and deveined
- 4 Green chillies/peppers, deseeded
- 1 Medium onion sliced
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cummin seeds
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 10 dried Red chillies/peppers
- 4 Peppercorns
- 0.5″ piece Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric powder
- 1 tbsp Tamarind pulp
- 2 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- Mix the prawns with the salt, green chillies and onion and marinate for 0.5 hours.
- Put all the spices in the mixer and grind with coconut milk and 1/2 cups water.
- Strain though a sieve and put in a deep pan on medium flame along with 2 cups water.
- Cook till the quanity is reduced by half, then add prawns with marinade and the tamarind pulp.
- Stir-cook for 10 minutes and serve hot with plain steamed/boiled rice.