This vegetarian dish is guaranteed to make you delicious zing from poblano chilies. If you love spicy food, you definitely should try this recipe!
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 poblano chilies
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 14 ounce fire-roasted diced tomatoes with chipotles
- 15 ounce no-salt pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable juice
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell peppers and chilies in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet, and flatten with hand. Broil 10 minutes or until blackened. Place in a paper bag; fold to close tightly. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and coarsely chop.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add zucchini, onion, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in chili powder, cumin, and paprika; sauté for 30 seconds. Add roasted peppers and chilies, ½ cup water, and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender.