Corn kernels, black beans, and melted mozzarella cheese over a chockfull of quinoa: a big bowl of happiness. Try this easy recipe for your dinner tonight!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 10 ounce mild enchilada sauce
- 4.5 ounce chopped green chilies
- ½ cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil an 8×8 or 2 quart baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, enchilada sauce, green chilies, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin and chili powder; season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in ½ cup cheddar cheese and ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Spread quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and cheeses have melted, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with avocado and tomato if desired.