An arts graduate majoring in drawing and painting, Vijay Laxmi Birla became fascinated with art ever since her childhood. Vijay Laxmi does not restrict herself to any surface or medium. Her artistic journey started with sketches, portraits, landscapes and moved to Tanjore and texture. She enjoys working with water colours, oils, charcoal and pencils. She has been staying in Jakarta for twenty five years and has participated in six painting exhibitions in Jakarta:
- Rang Barse I by Different Strokes of India at Koi Gallery, Saberro House, Jalan Kemang Raya 10A (16 April until 07 May 2004);
- Rang Barse II by Different Strokes of India at Plaza FX, Jl. Jend. Sudirman, Pintu 1 Senayan (18 September until 01 October 2006);
- Rang Barse III by Different Strokes of India at Pasaraya Blok M, Jl. Iskandarsyah II/2, Kebayoran Baru (3-24 November 2008);
- Jambore Seni Rupa National, Ancol (October 2012);
- Indian Paintings Exhibition by Indian Artists Network at Galeri Cipta II, Taman Ismail Marzuki, Jl. Cikini Raya 73 (18-31 May 2013).
- Vijay Laxmi had pleasure to display her paintings in last TOI property fair held in August 2015 at Hotel JS Luwansa, Jakarta.