- Developing School Resources SLC is non-profit organization and needs a lot of support to develop our resources for the children.
- Developing our IT Section for the school Currently, the school requires tabs/i-pad, T.V or Computers for all classes. This will help the special needs children to maximize their learning in class.
- Improving the playground The school is looking at improving the playground facilities for the children safety mats and better equipment for their physical growth.
- School Bus The number of children with special needs in SLC is growing. Transport becomes a big hurdle for these children to come to school. For educational trips, the cost of hiring a bus is too expensive. Keeping these above factors and to serve these children better we would like to request you to sponsor a school bus for our children.
- Therapy equipment Presently, we have the basic equipment’s required for the therapy and would like to add more specialized equipment for the children in our therapy rooms. Therefore, we require support to develop these equipment’s.
- Creating Awareness and Fund Raising Our young special needs adults (18+) have been making merchandise goods like: bracelets, necklace, candles, chocolates, breads and many more. Every month, different associations sponsor us in providing a stall for promote inclusion and opportunity for working experience. This movement hence creates a strong awareness that “ special needs children can do it!” Creating Awareness and believing in the abilities of the children with special needs is the key to bring about a change in the society.Change can be brought about by having different events, which focus not only on awareness about children with special needs but also on raising funds. For example, we had a group of people who organized a charity bingo event and the money raised was given to SLC. At another time, there was another organization that had a party for the festival of Holi where they not only sponsored a stall to sell our products and generate funds but also gave free tickets for our children to have a fun experience.
Afternoon center for 30 Underprivileged children with special needs
Saraswati Learning Center has always extended our hands to all children with disability. We do not limit ourselves due to age, religion, income, caste, type of disability or the severity of the disability. Currently, we have around 30 and more children who need financial support to be in school and avail the therapy services. These families have varied backgrounds like large family size, only one earning member and a monthly income of below 3 million.
Our school has limited space and would like to accommodate these students. Keeping this in mind, we would like to open an afternoon school for these 30 students who can use the same infrastructure and facilities for their optimum development. SLC is urgently searching for donors/ sponsors to bring these under privileged children to school from the academic year 2018-19.
We believe that each child deserves the opportunity to get basic education and become functional individuals and hope that you will help us make this belief come true!
The current school structure is as follows:
- Kindergarten (8.30am-10.30am) : Monthly fee: Rp. 3,335,000
- Primary (8.00 am– 12.00pm) : Monthly fee: Rp. 4,420,000
- Therapy (2 times a week/therapy, 1 hour session) : Rp. 1,200,000/month
Your contributions can be made six monthly or yearly for the group of children.