Munchies made in a flash – in the microwave
- ¼ cup margarine or butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped dried fruit
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 17.5 ounce can refrigerated biscuits
- In 8- inch round baking dish cook margarine, covered, on High 45 melted.
- Stir in sugar, syrup, and cinnamon, then fruit and nuts spread mixture evenly in bottom of dish. Arrange biscuits around edge of dish.
- Cook on High 2 ¾ to 3 ½ minutes just until biscuits spring back when lightly pressed. Invert dish onto serving plate. Let dish stand over buns for 1 minute remove dish. Serve warm, pulling buns apart. Makes 10 buns.
Each bun : About 175 calories, 10 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium.
TEDDY BEAR POPCORN
- 3 – to 3,5 ounce package salt-free microwave popcorn
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups bear-shaped vanilla graham snacks
- ½ cup M & M’s
- Prepare popcorn as package directs. In large bowl, combine cinnamon sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- Stir in popcorn, tossing graham snacks and M&M’s. Makes 11 cups.
Each ½ Cup : About 65 calories, 3 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium.
CHOCOLATE BANANA POPS
- 3 firm, ripe, medium bananas
- 6 flat, 4 -inch – long wooden sticks
- ½ cup semisweet – chocolate pieces
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper. Peel bananas cut each in half. Place on baking sheet.
- In 2-cup glass measure, cook chocolate and shortening on High 1 ½ to 2 minutes until almost melted, stirring halfway through cooking. Stir until smooth.
- Dip bananas into chocolate using a spoon to completely coat them. If you like, sprinkle each banana with sprinkles, granola, chopped nuts, or coconut.
- On Baking sheet, freeze bananas 15 to 30 minutes until chocolate is set. Serve immediately or wrap to serve later store in freezer. Makes 6 pops.
Each pop without topping : About 160 calories, 9 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium.
ITALIAN POTATO WEDGIES
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 medium unpeeled potato, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- On dinner plate, combine oil, Italian seasoning, paprika, and salt. Add potato wedges, turning to coat with mixture arrange in spoke-like fashion, cut-sides down.
- Cook, covered with waxed paper, on High 4 to 5 minutes until tender rotate each wedge halfway through cooking. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Let stand 3 minutes.
- If you like serve with catchup or tomato sauce.
Makes 1 serving
Without sauce : About 155, 6 g fat, 4 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium.
- 1 medium apple, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp quick-cooking oats
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp margarine or butter
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Place apple slices in small bowl.
- Combine oats, walnuts, sugar, margarine, and cinnamon sprinkle on apple. Cook on high 4 to 5 minutes until tender. Let stand 1 minute.
- Makes serving.
* About 389 calories, 18 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium.
* For 2 serving : Double ingredients, use 2 bowls and cook 8 to 9 minutes.