Ingredients For Balu Shahi :
- 225 gms refined flour
- 125 gms ghee
- 2 tbsp. warm milk/curd
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. warm water
For syrup :
- 250 gms sugar
- 2 teacupful water
- Sieve the flour in a mixing bowl and add the heated ghee and baking powder.
- Rub the mixture with your hands , gradually adding milk/curd and warm water, and mix into a stiff dough.
- Break off a small portion of the dough into a ball , then flatten it, and make a deep hole through the center.
- To prepare the syrup, boil the sugar and water together in a large pan for 15 minutes; the syrup should be quite sticky.
- Heat the ghee in a frying pan and fry the balu shahi quite slowly until they are golden brown.
- When they are fully done, put them in the warm syrup for a few minutes, shaking the pan frequently to let them become well-coated with syrup.
- Take them out singly from the pan and place on a shallow dish.
- Serve cold or hot as you desire.