BARBECUE MARINADE FOR STEAK
- 1/3 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cooking sherry
- 1/3 cup orange or pineapple juice
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4-6 generous drops of liquid smoke
- 4 8-ounce steaks
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients (except steaks) well.
- Add steaks to bowl; allow to marinate at least 30 to 60 minutes. Cook on grill to taste. Choosing the right steak. The best type of meat for this recipe is already tender.
- Look for steak specifically marked for barbecue.
- Other steaks that will work well are New York and Fillet Mignon. Steak marked “Prime” will be the most tender of all but will be expensive.