Smooth, soft and sweet are the main characteristic of Bubur Sumsum (Indonesian Rice Pudding).During the month of Ramadhan, Bubur Sumsum is often served as takjil or light snack for breakfasting. It has sweet flavor with a slight salty from the coconut milk.
It is very easy to make this smooth dish. You can make this delicious pudding at home. Here is the recipe:
- 100grams of rice flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 650ml of coconut milk
- 2 pandan leaves, shredded
- 200grams palm sugar
- 50grams granulated sugar
- 250ml water
- 1 pandan leaf
- In a bowl, mix the rice flour with half of the coconut milk and salt
- Put to boil the other half of coconut milk and pandan leaves
- Pour in the rice flour batter into boiling coconut milk. Continue to cook and boil until the mixture become thick (like whipped cream)
- Sauce: put to boil all of the ingredients.
- To serve: Ladle the pudding into bowls, and pour the sauce on top.