- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground nuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 3 (8oz) packages Philadelphia cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 pint sour cream
- Mix (Graham Cracker Crumbs, Ground Nuts, Sugar and Margarine) together with hands and press into a 10″ cheesecake pan covering bottom and 1″ up the sides. Set aside. Cream sugar and cheese until smooth.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating only until incorporated.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well. Pour into cheesecake pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour, turn of heat. Leave in oven with door closed for 1 additional hour.
- Cool completely and refrigerate at least an hour before removing from pan.
Make sure to read the recipe for making a good japanese cheesecake.