This dish is easy to make and a crowd please. The perfect accompaniment for any Indian meal.
- 1 kg bhindi (lady fingers/okra)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp (5 g) chilli powder
- 1 tsp (5 g) garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) dry mango (amchur) powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) chaat masala
- 3 tbs (45 g) gramflour
- oil for frying
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 g) ginger, julienne
- 2 green chillies, slit
Snip off both ends of each bhindi, slice lengthwise into four slices using a pair of kitchen scissors.
- Spread all sliced bhindis in a flat dish and sprinkle salt, chilli powder, garam masala powder, amchur powder and chaat masala over them. Mix well to coat the bhindi slices evenly. Sprinkle gramflour over the bhindi and mix lightly till evenly coated, preferably without adding any water. Divide the bhindi into two portions.
- Heat oil in a kadai till it is smoking. Fry one portion of the coated bhindi slices, separating each lightly with a fork. Do not allow slices to stick to each other.
- Remove from oil when both sides are crisp and brown in colour. Similarly fry the other portion. Remove to a serving platter and serve hot. Can be garnished with julienne ginger and slit green chillies.
Contributed by: Kalpana