- Bhindi (okra/ladies fingers) 1/2 kg
- Onions chopped, 1 /2 cup
- Coriander leaves chopped, 1 Tbsp
- Skim yoghurt 1/4 cup
- Cooking oil 2 tsp
- Water 1/2 cup
- Red chilli powder. 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala 1/4 tsp
- Ginger 1/2 inch root or 1 tsp paste
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Cumin (jeera) 1/4 tsp
- Wash bhindies and cut them into small pieces.
- Take 1/2 of onions and grind with ginger and spices. Add this to yoghurt. Add some water and mix well to make a paste.
- Heat a non sticking skillet and pour oil. When oil becomes hot add the remaining onions. Fry on medium heat till the onions turn light brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the yoghurt paste. Fry for 5-7 minutes while stirring. This will result into a mesh texture separating oil.
- Add bhindies, mix well, Add remaining water and cover it with a lid. Let it cook for about 5 minute on medium heat. Remove from flame and sprinkle coriander leaves.